Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I can see

I'm sitting here still in awe....I even prayed this morning and asked God why things are going so well for me but I don't feel like I deserve it...not exactly on top of my spiritual game these days! I have wonderful friends and family in my life who give so freely of themselves. That call me just to say hi, listen to me even when I'm saying things they might not agree with, who help me with Cameron and love him unconditionally, invite me places and want to hang out, offer service, love and compassion and I could go on and on and on.

A friend in my ward (who will rename nameless) stopped by on Saturday to check on us and I asked for their mechanic's number...my brakes were a little squeaky and I just wanted my car checked out. I've had that car for almost 2 years and besides the oil changes I've maybe put $100 into it and that was just for brakes.

Tuesday morning we switched cars and I headed off to work. I have my tax return $$ that I was ready to spend on repairs but didn't really want to (I want to buy a bike and a bike rack so Cameron and I can go play).......so I was nervous about what needed to be done but happy I had some money to pay for it. I received a phone call later that day and was chastised (nicely) about my lack of maintenance with oil changes, low fluids and cheap brake pads....the mileage was over but in my head I still had 7 days before the date was up....lol! I was then told that I was to ask no questions when my car was returned. I knew at that point that I was not to mention $$ or offer to pay.

I called Teri right away and she reminded me I need to do something nice for someone. Then I called Vicki and said "their car is almost on empty should I fill it up?" She said that would be real nice. To make a very long story as short as possible, I had a date with my mom out in Yelm last night and so I left the borrowed car and the keys in the planned location. I received a call last night and was told that I got an oil change, my car was all checked out and looks great, my cheap brake pads will squeak and will need to be replaced in 5-10 thousand miles, and there was a part on my back brakes that was not functioning properly and was repaired. Then they said to me, "so I see you filled my tank!" I replied, "yes, I had to get you back somehow," and then they said, "well, I got you even better....I replaced your windshield!"

I'm in tears writing this and still in shock???? My windshield has been cracked since they day I bought it. It was cracked from one side all the way to the other on the top and the bottom. I just got use to driving it that way and always had intentions to replace but never took the time. You should see how beautiful is shines right now and how clear my view is!

I don't even know what to say................I'm at a loss of words! I just want to thank my friend! I don't think I can ever express how their friendship, love and compassion truly has touched me today. It's given me a new perspective on some things in my life that I need to change. I believe God works through other people sometimes especially when your not listening!

7 comments:

Christi said...

WOW man!! That is awesome!! That is one nice friends you have there!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

very sweet! i love you girl!

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Following from New Friend Friday:)

Team Harris said...

Mandy that's awesome and you of all people truly deserve it!!!! You can't pay back... you can only pay forward. I love hearing stories like this so thanks for sharing it with us!

Mama Thompson said...

Count your many blessings

Vicki

Unguren said...

That is so sweet!

J and H Hunsaker said...

That is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing