Saturday, November 21, 2009

An Owl Rescue

As I was leaving a friend's house last night this beautiful creature hobbled out in front of my car. It was obvious it had a very broken wing. He jumped on a rock and just stared at me. I wasn't quite sure what I should do so I called my friend Sarah. She told me she would come and get it. I asked her what she was going to do with it and she said I'm not sure but I'll come and get it.....15 minutes later she text me, "holy cow I caught it!" I called her and she had it back at her apartment in a box and was calling 24 hour vets. She found a place in Bellevue that was willing to take it and then a bird rescue place would pick it up in the morning. I'm excited because this place is a rescue, recovery and release facility. So, hopefully before long Mr. Owl will be up and flying again!

No comments: