Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's been 8 years

Today I celebrate 8 years of recovery!!! Where has the time gone? When my birthday gets close I do a lot of reflecting of where I came from and what's going on now...some days I want someone to pinch me how did life ever get this good? Being sober rocks....sobriety still has trials but I'll take sober trials any day!!!! I'm so grateful to be sober, to have a relationship with my family, to have a son who is the highlight of most (lol) of my days, to own a home, to have a job, to have a relationship with my higher power which I wouldn't trade for anything, to have friends who love him, to have peace in my heart and (even tho a few of you don't agree) to have Jimmy in my life! I'm looking forward to what this next year has in store and I know as long as I stay sober anything is possible!

2 comments:

Sarah Humble said...

Mandy, you have come such a long way and it is inspiring to see where you've come from and where you are. I love you and I'm so grateful that you are a member of MY family. Congrats!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

very very cool. i'm so glad with how far you have come. you have always been such a wonderful person and i'm glad to have you around again! i love you girl!