Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Boom Boom Pow

I need to start off by saying I love the new Black Eyed Peas CD!!! Don't you think the boom boom pow song is fitting for the fourth of July holiday? It's been in my player for over a week now and as soon as they come to concert I'm there!


Cameron and I went camping with Jimmy's family to Lake Cushman. We had a great time; the weather was beautiful, the lake is gorgeous and there was a ton of fireworks! Cameron thought the "sprinklers" aka sparklers were pretty cool until one sparked on his tongue...lol!


I swear I've made smores with Cameron before but he acted like he had no idea how to make one. Jimmy was excited to teach him!

The scenery around this lake is awesome; there are waterfalls, creeks, streams and lots of cool rock formations.


and YES the water was freezing....

Here are the kids posing in the woods

Here is the rock we jumped off....I'm a screamer and screamed the whole way down till I hit the water. It was a rush!

Cameron decided he wanted to jump off with his dad--So, Jimmy hoisted him on his back and scaled him up the rock.

Here they are at the top. Cameron went up one time and changed his mind quickly but after lunch we went back and he decided to try it again.


Unfortunately, you can't see Cameron but he is there hiding behind Jimmy. If you look you can see the back of Cameron's life vest.

This was a memorable 4th of July for sure!

4 comments:

Katie Snedeger said...

Cliff jumping just freaks me out!!! I'm impressed that he actually got the courage to do it. Looks like you had fun, but we did miss seeing you at the reunion!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i love lake cushman. glad you guys had fun. i want a smore right now!

See Mack Snow said...

What a brave kid! I'm impressed.

Unguren said...

It's good that he went up again and jumped. Well done.