Friday, August 15, 2008

What was your favorite part?

Banks Lake
Coulee Playland 
Electric City, WA

I've been going to this exact campground since I was 13 years old. My dad still vacations there every summer. Cameron & I were able to spend 6 glorious hot days there this past week. It's not really camping...the bathrooms are right up the hill ( less than 20 feet away), it's a grass campsite not dirt and the lake is right out our back window. I love it here and so does Cameron.

Cameron always asks me what my favorite part is...so I asked him:
"I skied"
"When I went to the store"
"I got a new truck"
"I watched people wakeboard"
"I swam"
"I watched people jump off rocks"
"I body surfed"

Here is our fabulous vacation

Hotel Jones
I thought when the tent box says sleeps 4 to 5 people that we would be good...not when you add a queen size air mattress.


View from our back window


Tent City
It seems my dad invites half his ward to come camping...it's great for Cameron to have all these friends to play with. As of Tuesday the count was at 95--WOW!!!!

Cameron loves to ride on the boat...and if allowed would be out there all day long.


Steamboat Rock
a great place to rock jump

Cameron gave it his all...if anyone has a good program that splices videos together I would love to hear about it. I have one but when I upload them to blogger or to youtube it screws it all up. HELP!!!!




Last year was the first year we had the skimmer...Cameron wanted to go first but no one knew really the best way to use it. So, they sunk Cameron. From that day forward it freaked him out. I bribed Cameron with 3 Pokemon toys and look what my buddy did...

Grandpa helping Cameron ski






"I did it mom now let's go buy my toys" We suppose to leave at 3 pm to head home but Cameron could not wait so we left at 12:30.

Body Surfing



On our way home we stopped at the Dry Falls...this place use to be the world's largest waterfall until there was a huge flood and it dried up the falls. Cameron thought this canyon was the coolest thing ever!





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that is a great view! We'll have to go there sometime. As far as videos, we use Adobe Premiere Pro and we have the Production Collection, which has 9 programs to make our own DVD's. It is expensive ($350 for just Premiere and $600 for all with a student discount, $750 and 1700 without), but does anything you could ask for. Another thing you can look into is onetruemedia.com With a free membership you cannot do much, but with a paid membership (not sure how much that is) you can clip video together, do slideshows with music, and order DVDs. Windows comes with Windows Movie Maker, I haven't used it, but you are supposed to be able to cut movies together with that program. Someone out there might know of a cheaper or better option, but I haven't found one yet.

Unguren said...

I love Banks lake. And your Dad does always invite a whole slew of people.